Located 12 miles from downtown Cleveland in Southwest Cuyahoga County. The area that incorporated as a city in 1959, separated from the original Parma Township in 1911. The heart of the new village was the Wooster Pike, today known as U.S. Route 42 or Pearl Road. Prior to the Interstate Highway System, this was the main travel route between Cleveland and Columbus. Parma Heights includes a number of preserved acres in the Cleveland Metroparks Big Creek Reservation.